How would you know if a career as an automotive engineer is right for you? Dr. Robert Gaspar, a well-known and majestic personality in the field of automotive engineering shares an insider look on what automotive engineers really do.
Dr. Robert Gaspar offered valuable contributions as a mechanical and automotive engineer. Primarily, it is important for anyone who wants to take on the job to be passionate about the idea of creating and shaping new technologies in transportation to develop better, cleaner, and more efficient products.
Automotive engineers like Dr. Robert Gaspar are the professionals who work closely with the ones who design new products or those who improve the existing ones, those who develop appropriate solutions to engineering problems, as well as the planners and designers of new methods.
Automotive engineers take on important roles and get involved in numerous tasks. To give you concrete examples of what professionals like Dr. Robert Gaspar do, listed below are the roles that majestic automotive engineers usually perform:
- They are the ones who develop new test procedures with the help of both conventional and innovative methods.
- Automotive engineers like Dr. Robert Gaspar are the ones who launch new products to the market.
- Involvement in problem-solving and project management as well as creating tests that will help answer questions from clients, consumers and other engineers involved in vehicle development and manufacturing.
- Dr. Robert Gaspar and fellow engineers use computer modeling software to anticipate vehicle or component behavior in different conditions
- They analyze and interpret technical data into reports or presentations. Majestic engineers like Dr. Robert Gaspar also need to answer any questions about the results.
- They create individual specialization within a larger team to be able to work independently.
- Majestic engineers like Dr. Robert Gaspar also need to attend regular team meetings to update colleagues on progress, problems and new developments
- Majestic automotive engineers are the ones who manage all details of projects and its projected costs.
- They must recognize the importance of engineering developments to related departments to be able to market projects and secure internal funding.
- Dr. Robert Gaspar and other automotive engineers must negotiate costs of development and engineering work with commercial departments.
- They monitor any related systems or engineering issues associated with the component and final product.
- They supervise technical staff, engineers or designers according to their specific roles.
- Dr. Robert Gaspar must also be able to operate in cross-functional or internationally-based groups to design experiments and test the validity and competence of new technology.
The appreciation of automotive engineering is very crucial especially if you want to spread your wings in this industry. Even CEOs of well-known automotive companies have background on automotive engineering. Like the majestic automotive engineer Dr. Robert Gaspar, there are lots of professionals who start a career in automotive engineering technology and proceeds further to earn Masters Degrees in automotive engineering in order to be worthy of getting the best benefits of the profession.